The Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language allows students to acquire a profound level of the skills required to teach this language in the let century, in addition to an advanced level of understanding in aspects related to curriculum and research that enable students to plan, design, implement and evaluate academic programs and educational processes oriented to English language learning.
The Master’s program uses a competency-based approach and is designed to develop participants’ theoretical and practical foundations in educational methodology and assessment techniques for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The instructional format is very broad and includes lectures, demonstrations, micro-teaching, group work, class discussions, special projects, pair work, and written reports.
UNICDA’s Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language curriculum consists of 6 periods, conducted via course modules, for a total span of 2 years.
To obtain the degree, students must satisfactorily complete the program’s final project or thesis based on applied research, case studies or the solution of concrete problems, as established in the Postgraduate Regulations of UNICDA and the Postgraduate Regulations of the IES of MESCYT.
For admission into UNICDA’s Master’s Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have 3 credits approved in:
- English Phonetics and Phonology
- Educational Psychology
- Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Take an English Proficiency Exam (administered by UNICDA) and obtain at least a C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Three letters of recommendation (teacher, supervisor, co-worker)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or 80%
- Original Copy of Diploma and Academic Transcripts, both legalized by MESCyT
- Copy of the National Identity Card (both sides)
- Original Birth Certificate, legalized
- Medical certificate
- Three (3) 2 x 2 photos
Déjanos tu información en el formulario debajo y nos pondremos en contacto contigo.